Musicians across the Internet
This page is for and about musicians who are active on the
Internet. I started this mainly because I'd like to encourage other
people to check out these cool people's music (and my own band, TWISTED HELICES), but
now I am beginning to acquire a cool collection of truly "independent"
music. Why go independent? Check out my review of the Maximum
Rock 'n' Roll reprint Everything
you've wanted to know about major labels. Also, read my DiY guide, the Free Music Philosophy, and
look up the list of free
music advocates, for ideas on how to go about recording and
distributing your music.
Under each artist's name I include other popular bands who I think
are similar. This isn't the best way to do it, but I think it is an
efficient way of judging whether or not you will like the artist in
question for further investigation. Check out my choices for the best recordings and concerts,
which include many independent artists.
- Borgia Popes
- Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath.
- Brian Meloon
- Thrash instrumental guitar; Testament, Savatage.
- Broken Men
- Rolling Stones, The Who.
- Carnage Asada
- Punk/Classic Rock parody.
- Jazz-rock with blues.
- Chapter 11
- Dead Kennedys, Pogues.
- Melodic hard rock/metal.
- Dalmatian Car
- Minimalistic punk with a tinge of pop.
- David Zax
- Synth-pop to weird vocals and cool guitar.
- Dead Republican
- Lo-fi DiY; Pavement, Rage Against the Machine.
- Denny Fohringer
- Van Morrison, Joe Satriani.
- Nine Inch Nails, Ween.
- Dick Whiskey
- Ween, Fred Schneider.
- Dynamic Ribbon Device
- Hardcore, Thrash.
- Police; Rock.
- Farces Wanna Mo
- Ween, Beck.
- Weird avant-garde music.
- Finneus Gauge
- Jazzy, funky, progressive rock; King Crimson, Echolyn
- Fight Prime Time
- A mostly-pop compilation.
- Five Cent Buddha
- Experimental noise/deconstruction.
- Experiment avant-garde. Trippy.
- Giant Ant Farm
- Pogues, Levellers, Danny Elfman.
- Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails.
- Police, the Beatles; minimalistic rock with tribal instrumentation.
- John Sealander
- ABBA, Eurythmics.
- John the Baker with Slimy Penis Breath
- Punk; Motörhead, Ramones
- Laika and the Cosmonauts
- Ventures; Surf music.
- Magical Animal
- Ween, early Syd Barrett; ambient.
- Dream Theatre; progressive rock.
- MD 19
- Progressive/electronic rock.
- Meat Dept
- Noisy punk rock.
- Metal Sniff
- Self-indulgent Noise.
- Michael Townsend
- Weird stuff.
- Muy Dainty
- Thrash metal.
- Jazzy syncopated rock.
- ABBA, Eurythmics, Madonna.
- Genesis, Yes, Queen; Keyboard art rock.
- Richard Hunter
- Solo harmonica; indescribable.
- Richard Mortimer
- Bryan Adams; guitar-based power pop.
- Ric Hickey
- Bob Dylan, Beck.
- Runaway Weiner Dog
- Beck; lo-fi punk.
- Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Johnson; instrumental electric guitar.
- Mr. Bungle; Noise.
- The Dave Williams Project
- Acoustic Guns 'n' Roses.
- The Great Kat
- The Holy Barbarians
- Sensitive acoustic music.
- The Hooded Crow
- R.E.M, Black Crowes; College Rock
- The MoFS
- Ween; weird stuff, funny.
- The Twisters
- ZZ Top; Classic Rock.
- The Vacation Bible School Sound
- Contemporary Alternative.
- Psychefunkapus; jazz-thrash-funk.
- Tim Elder
- Early David Bowie; Noise Rock.
- Tim Scott
- Ozric Tentacles, Tangerine Dream.
- Time No Reason
- Live, Ruth Ruth; rock.
- Psychotic punk.
- Rush; progressive rock.
- Wilfred N. and the Grown Men
- Beach Boys, Beatles; pop.
- Woof Woof
- Psychefunkapus; reggae-influenced punk rock.
- Aaron Trubic
- Bass player & recording engineer, vocalist, cellist, and minimalist.
- Metal music with harmony, gripping, savage, hard, and fast.
- Alan Andrews
- "Like Johnny Cash, Tom Waits, and Leonard Cohen having a
cocktail." --DJ Vin Scelsa of WNEW-FM in New York.
- Alan Horvath
- plays acoustic 6-string guitar, using "open" tunings, and
sings with raw sincerity. His songs are well crafted and have been
praised by some of the best. If you like acoustic stuff with lyrics,
here you are. He also offers free tutorials on playing acoustic
guitar at his site!
- original abstract electronica.
- Art of the Mind
- is a South African "mind artist" who writes lyrics that make
sense and a lot of lyrics that don't make sense.
- Atomik Art
- on eight cylinders. A breathing locomotive. Rich, deep,
hydraulic earth tones, flaking, frail, loose rust all basted in thick, wet
layers of glistening coolant and diesel. Living dead machinery.
- A Quirky Fellows Musicpage
- Relatively odd, strangely peculiar, sort of unpredictable, yet
sometimes perfectly normal music.
- are sonic butchers. Aural vivisectionists, sculpting sweet
lullabies out of raw meat. Imagine laughing until you cry, then crying
until you laugh, then gargling until you laugh and choke and almost die
and have a near-death experience, but it's really fun. That would give you
no idea how innovative, bizaare and fun Bapudi are.
- Battery Apple
- If you dig slammin', heavy, rock with a groove à la
bands like Primus, you'll
probably be into them.
- is a modern heavy rock band from Cleveland, Ohio. Our signature
sound is defined by the fact that we have a black female R&B singer!
- Black Dog Bob
- Country rhythm 'n' blues.
- play folk rock and country music love songs.
- Body Level
- The goal of Body Level is to combine cutting-edge Hard Rock
with the maturity of Adult Contemporary and the movement of Dance.
- A band from Sweden making music that's different from what you hear in the mainstream.
- Borgia Popes
- is a gleaming monster from scavenged parts of psychedelia,
glam, goth and art rock; a three-limbed homunculus that pushes the
parameters of pop.
- Brett Service
- is a singer/songwriter guitarist from Chatham, Ontario,
Canada, who plays acoustic music. His influences include Bruce
Cockburn, Gordon Lightfoot, Dan Fogelberg, Van Morrisson, Crosby,
Stills, Nash & Young, and the Indigo Girls.
- Brown Derby Junction
- Brown Derby Junction is a 9-piece swing band out of the small
town of Annville, Pennsylvania.
- Brownstreet Manhattan
- is a Detroit band that plays a lot of blues oriented material
that is always tumbling from the past into the future. ost songs
feature female vocals like velvet and harmonica like margarine in a
- Independent instrumental traditionally inspired music made by
one man, one guitar and one PC.
- Chaos Theory
- Chaos Theory is Trenton NJ's addition to the original heavy metal scene,
and is fighting all the trends and pushing forward with heavy,
agressive, and angry music!
- Charlie Miranda Experience
- Visit this site and witness the most astonishing performance
and impersonation of Jimi Hendrix available in the US.
- Clochard is an independent pop band from Regensburg,
Germany. Their sound is located somewhere near British alternative
without simply copying it.
- is quality Original Dark Electronica of many/all genres made
entirely at home on the PC with cheap software or freeware, enjoy at
- Controlled by Bees: Video Art For Noise
- Experimental Noise, Tribal Sounds for Abstract thinking. Video
Installation Video Projection. Visuals for Live Bands.
- Cortex Bomb
- "The world's greatest jazz band. They'll
fuck you up, steal your car, and run a 3 minute mile with their shoes on
the wrong feet." --Thora-zine
- Dante Joseph
- has hundreds of original songs of all types, including blues,
rock, contemporary country, spiritual rock, easy listening,
instrumentals and more available for licensing.
- David Jon
- Indie original alt rock that has a little bit of everything to
offer in this vast rock genre.
- is a solo electronic musician and patroit Australian.
- Pop sound art eclectic, sometimes strange, sometimes beautiful. Drawing
inspiration from the surrounding environment, stream of thought structures.
- Diminished Responsibility
- an unsigned computer based rock band from the UK.
- Dorian's Page Free Music
- A classically trained musician who writes songs for Hollywood
now. Based out of San Diego, his music has a New York edge.
- Dreams in Exile
- "If you could relieve late Cocteau Twins of what little aggression they
had, you would have Dreams In Exile's florid fantasy
- Duke Resonant
- We're Duke Resonant, an Artrock band with lo-fi electronica
influences, mixing anything that comes to mund with anything else,
nothing is sacred We believe that your band has a right to exist, too,
and we should all help each other For a friendly Twin Cities contact,
email us through the links on our web page!
- makes the mad feel mello-dramatic and the emotional feel
- New experimental artist with unbound potential.
- Electric Shaman
- is a one man band, influenced fron various krautrock, ambient,
and rhythmic dance bands.
- Eliza Blue
- Rockabilly, blues, and progressive rock.
- is primarily the brain-child of producer Zappa Kaufmann.
- Evil Dick and the Spittle Brothers
- have been described as psycho western cow punk (or
deconstructionist western music).
- Evolution Control Committee
- The Committee's individual songs span the range of genres,
including industrial, polka, noise, techno, waltz, rap, ambient, and
- Farces Wanna Mo
- Noisy lo-fi satirical punk rock.
- Feral Elysium
- Heavy, low-end, groovy, fuzzed-out instrumental jams.
- A Boston-based original rock band with a broad range of
influences from the Police to Alice In Chains.
- Francesco Fareri
- Showcases the work of a great guitar player, with lessons
- Frank Salerno
- is exploring complex textures and vintage sounds.
- Giant Ant Farm
- Raised in Eastern Luposlovenia by wolves, the members of Giant
Ant Farm are reluctant to discuss their gypsy past and may kidnap the
firstborn or pick the pockets of anything that is nailed down.
- is a four piece band, guitar, bass, drums and marimba, that has
several of our shows and albums available for free download.
- Haggis captures the elements of what the suburban middle class
sound like on magic mushrooms!" Their music is "so instantly
hummable that you'd swear you've heard it before". - Gilbert Garcia,
Music Editor for Phoenix New Times.
- Our ultimate goal is the promotion of open mindedness,
tolerance and Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Especially the Whisky.
- Intra Moenia
- The terrorists of rock 'n' roll.
- Irene Jackson
- This is a page by performing songwriter Irene Jackson, who also
includes lots of songwriting tips and links to other songwriting sites.
- Distribution of soundmodules created by Istari.
- Jay Terrien
- Indulge in All the Dolls in the Same Place, the
new bass and drums album from visionary bassist/composer Jay
- The word "Jerungdu" comes from the Sambia tribe of Aborigines
in New Guinea. It means "the essence of maleness". Jerungdu is an
Aboriginal rite of passage ritual used to initiate pre-pubescent males
into the realm of manhood (sort of like western rock and roll
- Industrial electronic music with a twist.
- John Devlin
- is an Irish singer/songwriter. Main influences include The
Beatles, John Lennon, and the Beach Boys.
- John K
- is a new artist in latin percussive jazz music wo has won a lot
of music awards and have been invited on a compilation disc for
- John Ludi
- is a Chicago-based Recording Artist/Writer/Lunatic. When not
trying to expand the minds of "The Masses" by hiding subversive lyrics
in almost-conventional slightly-spooky alternative pop songs, he
studies World Religions, Eastern Philosophy, and various forms of
- Johnny Asia
- Johnny's music is universal in the truest sense of the term.
It embraces the musics of this world and anticipates those yet to be
discovered in the future." --Joe McPhee, probably the best
saxophone/cornet instrumentalist in the history of jazz,
- We classify ourselves as new metal. Our sound is a Metallica
meets Nirvana in a dark alley kind of thing.
- Kathie Nicolet
- Kathie Nicolet is a Chicago pianist.
- is a dallas-based symphonic electrometal band (if such a genre
exists) whose music has been known to soothe yet feed anger and
depression due to loss.
- is a singer/songwriter from the Toronto area with a love for
bluesy rock and roll, and a passion for strong lyrics.
- Little Atlas
- Little Atlas is a Miami-based original rock band that fuses the
genres of classic and modern rock with elements of funk, psychedelia,
- A heavy rock outfit from Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Loren Jan Wilson
- A dark pop/experimental/ambient/noise solo project from Chicago's
slightly elusive Loren Jan Wilson II. "Moody like a bad lover... he
thumbs his nose at the dancefloor while challenging listeners to take
note of a new kind of `electronica'..."
- A heavy alternative to the heavy music scene.
- Lucas Pickford
- provides the best free jazz/fusion transcriptions on the Internet.
- Lug Nut and the Spare Tires
- A 50's-60's band surviving in the remote city of Cheyenne,
Wyoming, where the majority of the population thinks that the only
kind of music is Country music.
- Lyndon Wesley
- Melbourne based singer/songwriter Lyndon Wesley is finally out of the
studio, and now promoting his album "Stupid Adventures". Worthy of
repeated listening, "Stupid Adventures" has a maturity of focus and
listenability that not many debut offerings could lay claim to.
- is a new French independent Industrial-Rock band. Pulsions,
their first album is between Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward and
- Magical Animal
- Freely-copiable, experimental outdoor mood music.
- Marc Rod
- makes musc based around the Roland Vs840.
- Mark Cantanzriti
- Mark Cantanzritt's music is profound/mix of modern rock and poetry
with solid grooves and strong sense of melody. Songs may differ yet
sound is distinctive.
- Progressive rock/metal power trio combines progressive metal
with classic rock flavors. Fans of Rush and Dream Theater as well as
vintage progressive groups like Tull and King Crimson should find
Mastermind very appealing.
- Max Songs Club
- The official Max site
- Michael Manring
- One of the greatest bassists ever!
- Mike Hayes
- composes instrumental music. Generally his music
might be classified as New Age. However, each composition of Michael's is
truly unique and melodic and that is not a claim that many artists
- are the unsigned London-based band who are currently
experimenting in the fields of electronica and alternative music.
- A band that started off as a student joke 8 years ago is
starting to gather pace as a serious pop contender.
- makes transhuman machine music. At this site you can download
free mp3 files of all of the published recordings of the band, as
well as view related information.
- bring you the sound of myriad musical entities.
- is a band from Richmond, VA. We focus playing on happy music
using blues, jazz, funk, and ska influences woven into a fabric of rock 'n'
- Musique Libre
- Two musical projects are growing (grooving) here: Loubia Dobb
System - electronic & experimental dub/industrial/magma; and
Exorciste de Style - new wave experimental electronic & acoustic
- Music Tour Bus
- A great free site for those bands wishing to get their music on the road.
- Nappy Mustache
- Raw underground hip-hop. Well produced with minimal
equipment. Not for the closed minded! Severe lyrics.
- No Device
- indie fuzzpowapop. Gajoob said No Device's release
"wowflutterfly" contained "...excellent, soul-bearing songs. ...Good
stuff, a band to watch."
- Quirky, silly garage band from San Diego plays a refreshing,
whine-free blend of rock 'n' roll music and squirrel fur.
- A new band that plays original pop alternative rock music. The
first album simply titled Om reflects eleven diverse songs that attend
to the matters of the heart, mind and soul with pleasing tunes and
- are essentially a musician-owned production company carrying on
the tradition of musician-produced music.
- Open 'Til Midnight
- is a ska/punk/whatever influenced band from New Hampshire. We
have the basic instruments for a band plus a saxophone, trumpet,
accordian and keyboards.
- are an independent music marketplace and feature custom CDs and
new releases by underground musicians and labels.
- Post-punk math rock.
- Paul Copeland
- contains a selection of Australian Paul Copeland's music. The
music is all free and written for various intstruments including
piano, flute, guitar, pipe organ, voice. The styles are vatan garde,
experimental, neo-classical, experimental jazz. Files are available as
midi, gifs and PDF for high quality printing.
- is a combination of ballads, rock, metal, and everything in between.
- Philip Sayce
- is a blues artist based out of Toronto, Ontario
(Canada). Many have labeled him as "A Blues Prodigy" and "A Canadian
Jimi Hendrix"...This would be due to his guitar-slinging wizardry of
Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan not to mention his great vocal
range as well. He has a style that combines a raw rock sound with
traditional blues. He has shared the stage with the likes of
B.B. King, The Robert Cray band and more.
- Prime Time Sublime Orchestra
- make "alternative" music that ranges+from Jazz, Rock, various
world music idioms, Hip-Hop, Country, Spaghetti Western and
other film music genres, Space Age Bachelor Pad to various 20th
Century Classical and Avant-Garde styles. The prime-time sublime
Community Orchestra fuses these sounds so that the result is something
between a pop song, film score, Jazz improvisation, cartoon soundtrack
and an orchestral suite.
- Mind-altering, technically precise, brutal death metal.
- Racquel Zonte
- With her stunning exotic looks (being French-Italian-India) and her
incredible talent she is capturing the hearts of fans and media everywhere.
She has been compared to Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, Pearl Jam meets Chrissie
- Randy Fricke
- writes and sings melodic hard rock with snarling guitar riffs,
burning solos, and thought provoking, cautionary lyrics.
- Richard Hunter
- is a world-class harmonica player, author of Jazz Harp (Oak
Publications, NYC, 1980), and composer of original works for
harmonica, including The Act of Being Free in One Act, the only
full-length CD of works for unaccompanied harmonica ever
recorded. (You've never heard anything like it.)
- Richard Mortimer
- Covering styles from melodic rock to quasi-ambient experimental
synthesizer, he has been referred to as "The Syd Barrett of Perth".
Cited as "weird, strange, & unusual" by Valvoluxs' Tim Underwood, his
first album represents an introspective view of his journey through
- Rich Ortiz's classical guitar site
- Avante-Garde Classical Guitar composer influenced by punk,
hardcore, gypsy, and world music. Free music available to all.
- Rolf Munkes
- One of Germany's finest guitarists.
- has been together for over 20 years and has shared the stage
with over 50 national acts. 20 years and they still rock solid!
- Runaway Weiner Dog
- Runaway Weiner Dog is a band.
- Scarlet Letter
- A perfect blend of emotion and power.
- Scott David Smith
- is a professional songwriter.
- Progressive rock with samples on their web page.
- is a dynamic power-rock trio, emerging as one of the most
exciting new bands on the London live music scene.
- Amazing progressive hard rock instrumentals.
- Songs to Wear Pants To
- Andrew makes songs in any genre, for free or for money, based
on instructions people send me.
- Experimental emotional electronic free music.
- is a four piece rock group built upon the philosophy
that in the music industry music is what matters most, and everything
else is secondary. Spiritual to thunderous and always precise, their
music captures a wide range of expression through soaring melodies and
dynamic instrumentation. This is the prog band of the future.
- Soylent Green
- is an eclectic group of individuals creating music that
inspires the mind to look at life a little differently. We play
Alternative Rock, Modern Rock, Rock Rock, Pop Rock, New Age & Cow-Punk.
Additionally, we have embarked on a quest for new challenges, i.e.,
- Space is Dead
- Official homepage for Australian band Space Is Dead with
samples, gig info, contests, giveaways & more.
- Spider Rockets
- are a New Jersey-based hard rock/metal band.
- are a cross between the Pixies and My Bloody Valentine.
- Subtle Tea
- Subtle Tea is a revisionist acoustic/electric, blues-driven
guitar band. The outfit is fueled by moody lyrics over simply
structured progressions with delicate phrasing and weighty hooks.
- A psycho-space-prog band from Milan, Italy who are proud to be
- Surfing Chickens
- Five Nashvillian white boys playing
- TagYerit's music is quirky, hook-filled pop. Songs that say
isn't life great and absurd.
- The Dave Williams Project
- A new band from Atlanta, GA formed by lead singer Dave Williams
to showcase his original music. If you like harmonies and acoustic
guitar, then you'll love the music.
- The Ergot Derivative
- is an interesting original band from Melbourne Australia. They
have released their latest album in full on the Web as well as on CD.
I do think that this is the first time this has been done! Check it out!
- The Great Kat
- Beethoven, Cyberspeed, Sex, S&M, Dominatrix---that just begins
to describe what this is all about.
- The Home of the Pod: The Insane Asylum
- an underground horrorcore rap band.
- The Meat Joy
- The Meat Joy is what would be playing on the jukebox when the
X-Ray Specs and X crash Patti Smith's birthday party at the Hank
Williams Sr. Memorial Bar & Grill.
- The Pozers
- The Pozers are one of the hottest groups to come out on the
Dallas scene. Their music has been described as
"Alternaglamgrungepunkthrashcountry" with melodic speed metal
overtones; however, they choose to ignore such labels. Their live
performance is an explosive, high energy show, that captivates
audiences who have grown accustom to the low-level, hum-drum stage
presence that has become a symbol of the 90ss bands.
- The Prisoner's Dilemma
- is an instrumental math rock/noise rock band from Washington, DC.
- The Red Paintings
- are the sound of bloodied tears dripping from the Virgin Mary
eyes. They're the warning signs that the revolution is never coming
but also the incitement that if the people lead, the leaders will
- The Skinny Homepage
- A page on Skinny, a cassette 4-track modifier. If you listen to
and like his music he'll send you his 18 song debut CD, mastered
analog, for free.
- The Sound and The Fury
- Two funny white dudes with a hip-hop dream; make ya laugh so
hard that you'll bust yer spleen.
- The Thereminbilly Explosion
- Weird and cool music, some of it done with a Theremin.
- The Wind-Up Merchants
- are an indie rock band which mixes the melody of Jawbox, the feral live quality
of the Stooges, and impressionistic lyrics that reek either of fury
or complete joy (and sometimes both).
- The Zone
- Free MP3 downloads, CDs, bio, tour dates, more...
- The Zookeepers
- Upbeat rhythm & folk party rock on the West Coast.
- Theoadore Muddfoot
- The hottest band in Florida.
- Jazzy thrash-funk.
- Total Human Solutions, Inc.
- Total Human Solutions Inc. Electronic / dance music from
Adelaide, Australia. All releases available on the web.
- Hello kiddies? Know what a bunch of tools are like? Want to
know? Well visit Ugmo's very crappy webpage and discover a bunch of
tools who rip off the music of other good bands to substitute for
their lack of talent!
- UltraMax Music
- Fusion of Classical and Techno music.
- UnKindness Of Ravens
- Our creation, musical scribble, is a blend of the excitement,
astonishment, and groove in improvisation through our method of
- Vic Samalot / Rare Blend
- Jazz fusion, instrumental rock.
- White Diamond
- The rock band who fought the industry so hard for their
rights back that a major motion picture is being made about them!
- Woof Woof
- wants to share what they know and love, which is music. They like
to think of it as Heinous Rhythmic Passion, cause it can get out of
hand real easy. Drop by and check it out, and feel free to mail
them on any subject. This new medium is growing, and fast! They
hope to be right there when the shit hits the fan.
- 54 Seconds
- "54 Seconds makes me want to turn my stereo up as loud as I can
stand it. Their sound is big, expensive and expansive, deep, warm and
woody. This is modern power pop music with roots stretching back into
the sixties and seventies.... " --Don Harvey
- Afternight's Music World
- Offers free web space profiles for bands, while charging for additional options.
- All Things Rock
- deal mainly in unsigned bands, gigs, and Battle of the bands
- Applause Music Careers
- Learn how to start an exciting career in the music and entertainment
production touring industry! We cover it all, from performing and
artist management to sound, light, and technical production.
- ArtFagUnited Artists
- is an online art community that helps independent artists of all nature promote themselves.
- A world of independent music.
- Audio4280's Home Recording Studio Page
- The page is about home recording studios and appeals to
independent music enthusiasts as well as home recording enthusiasts.
- Bandit A&R Newsletter
- For the last 11 years, Bandit has been publishing 24 listings
each month from International record companies who are currently
seeking new talent.
- Base Multimedia
- Media duplication for your original work. Audio compact disc,
cassette, CD-ROM, DVD, video and more. We also provide graphic insert
design, film and print services. We take pride in both our super
prices and most importantly our great customer service.
- Beats E-Zine
- All the sounds, news, dirt and deals of 1998 and still going
strong! Beats E-Zine is an ever-growing music archive covering all aspects
of the music industry with resources to help its members get greater
exposure and advancement in the business.
- Berklee Press
- Music books, cds, dvds, videos, guitar, piano, drums and bass
lessons and other instruction products for educating and training
- Blacklight Records
- We are in the process of perhaps the largest attempt in the
history of college radio to promote underground independent artists
- Music about bands, art, expression, and stuff.
- Brain-Drainer Music
- is the premiere Alternative and New-Metal music trivia site.
- Breaking Artists
- Free downloadable cutting edge original customizable world-wide
- British Unsigned Rock Band Site (BURBS)
- A page where British rock bands can display information about
themselves free of charge. Surely the cheapest world wide exposure a
British Unsigned Rock Band can get!
- Buicks to the Moon
- is an unsigned New Jersey-based band that blends heavy music
with truthful lyrics and intense harmony.
- Independent record and media label. Home of Maracas Maracas,
The Super-man Can Flys, Randy and Hagor and Magnus Voll Mathiassen.
- Carnie Digital
- provides a place for musicians and songwriters to promote their
work. They are also dedicated to supporting the young artists of
tomorrow by donating a portion of their proceeds to educational
programs and charities.
- assists independent artists by delivering high quality ISO9002
discs at the best rock bottom prices you will
- CD Music Page
- This site provides music and information about independent
bands. You can download sound files and find out information about
- is an all encompassing CD and DVD duplication company that
specializes in creating a truly unique package. We do everything
from audio mastering to barcodes and overwrapping, with everything in
- A great resource for musicians and project studios featuring an
online auction of music gear and recording equipment.
- Digital Vista - Visual Promotions
- Creative cover art, Web design and multimedia services.
- offers CD duplication, audio mastering, and CD graphic design
for the musician & software developer.
- The Dimension Music website is a online digital music portal
focussed around unique DJ personality driven music content, quality
news information, and interactive open discussion areas. These
elements combine together to make the visitor's online digital audio
experience a rich and exciting one.
- Dove Enterprises
- CD, cassette, and video duplication.
- primarily offer CD duplication and printing services as well as
a wide variety of CD packaging (some of it very unique and
appropriate for music demos and special releases).
- Falling Sky
- is a graphic designer specializing in visual creations for
independent musicians, such as album covers, posters, web sites,
- Recording artist and musician register for the California,
alternative, independent record label.
- You're on your way to getting the best new music absolutely
free! If you're in a band, then list your site for Free! Otherwise,
search our database of Indie artists for some great new music.
- Free Music Now
- Free downloadable sheet music and score search service.
- Groove House Records
- is your source for premium quality CD replication,
traditional and alternative CD packaging, Digipaks, cassette duplication,
posters, and postcards. Their sole mission: to produce the very best
digital audio recordings while keeping prices competitive. Every CD project
includes real-time (1x), direct-to-glass mastering at no extra charge. Many
top mastering houses send their clients to Groove House Records
because of their extreme commitment to audio integrity.
- This is a musician resource site, one of the most comprehensive
you will find on the web. Our mission is to give you the knowledge
and info you need to succeed in your music career. We provide general
musical info for the indie artist, links to other resources, record
labels, studios, and bands all over.
- Intensive Music
- is Distribution Point for Privately-Produced Recordings.
- InterMixx IndieGate
- is an online community of Indie Artists, and a gateway to tons
of great resources that will help them market their music directly to
- Jingle Production
- The Complete Jingle Course. Making money with your music. teaching
creative writing, production and marketing jingles, and much more.
- Jovial Milkmen
- is an independant cassette-only label that has been around about
five years, and would like to hear from other home-tapers.
- Just Plain Folks Online Music Industry Community
- as reintroduced the human factor to the music industry and the
Internet, and the results are 3000+ of your musical peers ready
willing and able to help you help yourself!
- Kettle Black Zine
- The Kettle Black features news, articles, profiles, and reviews of indie
industrial, experimental, electronic, and techno music.
- La Costa Music
- The music business one-stop.
- Li'l Hank's Guide For Songwriters in L.A.
- Don't be misled by the title; this site is for
songwriters everywhere! Useful, educational, and mildy
seasoned with a wry sense humor.
- Links for the Struggling Musician
- A list of sites that Tim Elder has evaluated and reviewed as being helpful
in some way to indie bands/musicians.
- Local Music Online
- is dedicated to local music, and wants to ENTERTAIN and
INFORM the (DC) music scene.
- is the premiere site for information related to bands and music
in particular areas.
- Local Music Store
- features over 200 independent artists who are always an
alternative to the corporate airways. The site also features tips for
- Machine Machine
- Norwegian alternative label based in Trondheimm Norway, holds
bands such as the Nomad Nipples, Tripcat and the Slaughter Slits.
- is an open music record label.
- Media Technics
- has paved the way in producing affordable CD systems that
- Midnight Rain Productions Independent Music Resources
- Midnight Rain Productions has dedicated it's Independent
Music Resources site to finding, reviewing, and advertising the best
Independent Music resources on the Internet. We've compiled a list of
resources that we have for the most part made use of ourselves, and are
continually in search of music sites that genuinely provide valuable
and/or unique information for the Independent musician.
- MODPlug supports the work of Digital Musicians by providing
resources, news, and storage space for them.
- a French based organization which aims to help electronic music
artists to broadcast and to distribute their music on line.
- Music and more
- Soon to be the largest resource for music Industry Giants to
access unsigned bands, musicians and writers.
- is an exciting new way of providing exposure to new music and
artists. It is a continually expanding on-line repository of dance and
experimental music, as well as a source of information about similar
projects and events.
- The award-winning & authoritative music industry magazine
showcasing the hottest indie artists & labels, insiders from our industry
experts, tips to help your career, reviews and industry news.
- Musicmedia Network
- provides national radio promotion & tracking services for many
diverse styles of music ranging from Rap/ Hip-Hop to Country, Pop to
Alternative, Dance to Eclectic, and Reggae to Ska.
- The largest music-only search site on the Internet!
- No Logo Records
- A progressive record label that releases music in a manner that
doesn't restrict your ability to copy it.
- Oasis CD
- Oasis Duplication; Musicians' Guide to Duplication & Promotion.
- Open Music Registry
- is a database
exclusively for audio released under the EFF's Open Audio License,
and it is free for musicians to use to list their Open Audio works
and for others to find Open Audio titles.
- is a small site where you can get ambient, alternative,
classical and jazz MP3s and CDs from independent artists.
- Outer Sound
- Outer Sound is a comprehensive resource for useful music industry
information devoted to promoting indendent artists and music businesses.
- Paved Earth Music
- is an all digital paperless/plasticless music
- is live internet radio station in PA that plays independent
- Play Piano Today
- learn how to play the piano by ear quickly using the
revolutionary technique of "Rhythmic Patterns!"
- is designed to help promote the work of self-published writers,
musicians, illustrators, zine publishers, photographers, filmmakers,
those who are self-publishing their words or images exclusively
on-line, or anyone else who uses the Internet to promote their own
independent, creative work.
- is a place to share interesting and exotic new music from all
over the globe, with downloadable radio mixes to back up
descriptions of the various artists.
- Raintree CD Manufacturing
- CD manufacturing, CDR & cassette short runs, and enhanced CDs
- Raw Music Site
- The music site with an attitude.
- Recording Connection
- is an established music industry school where students train to
be professional recording engineers.
- Round Flat Records
- Hard to find titles of punk, indie, alternative, hardcore,
industrial, metal, garage, gothic, ska and everything
- Richmond Music Page
- This page is set up to bring awareness and unity to the
Richmond, VA music scene. It will address all of the different types
of music and venues in the city; including Bar bands, the Hard Core
scene, High School bands, College bands, etc.
- Rik Tinory Productions
- New England's premier award winning 24-track recording studio.
- Rock Lane Records
- "Building a new music universe one star at a time!" Home of
the Music Monster Network's MONSTER INDIES Weekly Top 200 Chart and
- Sonic Explosion
- Premiere online music distribution from upstate New York.
- supports South Carolina's music scene.
- State of the Art Audio Duplication
- Kewall is your one-stop source for audio duplicaton. We
specialize in mass manufacturing and packaging of cassettes, CD's, and
open-reel productions. Musical, Industrial, and Commercial programs
are all given personalized attention and individual hand
inspection. We also supervise graphic designing and full color
- Studio For Recording
- assists in creating community-based recording studios that
provide FREE recording services in return for musicians and artists of
all ages and "bents" placing their works in the Public Domain.
- Summation Technology
- offers affordable CD Duplicators and Recorders for =
Musicians and Recording Engineers.
- Sydney Music Web
- has a comprehensive list of Indie Labels for all of Australia.
- The Independent A&R Vehicle, a company which helps unsigned
bands, artists and songwriters get their tapes directly to top A&R
people at Major Record Labels, Music Publishers, and Music Supervisors
working on Film & TV projects.
- Terrafirma Music Service
- The new place for new music. Featuring all original Rock & Roll.
- The CD Seller
- is a professional and affordable CD product display and sales
tool with a proven track record of dramatically increasing CD sales
for musicians and bands who market their CDs at live performances.
- The Artist Shop
- The Artist Shop is an online music store that functions as an
artists' cooperative store for its artist members. It focuses on
artist owned independent labels and features such members as King
Crimson's Discipline Records, Larry "Synergy" Fast's Third Contact,
Mike Pinder's One Step, Adrian Belew Presents and more.
- The Arts Online
- We are a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting talent
on the web. We feature creative works from around the world for free.
- The Blue Room
- The world wide web's premiere indie resource guide.
- The Conspiracy
- The Conspiracy is a promotional coperative centered in the
Washington, DC metro area. Their efforts focus on expanding the
industrial and Gothic music scene.
- The Do It Yourself Center
- This is the Screw It Up All By Yourself Center. My goal here is
to inform the masses of this plot and trash the bogus CD
- TheLocalScene: the best indie bands database on the net
- Free resources for indie bands: online band flyers, gig
listings, and music classifieds. Click on in and enter bands, shows,
indie labels and venues in your area into the database for free and
spread the word. Also offering free email aliases, cheap web
hosting, and great deals on banner advertising.
- The Musician's Assistance Site
- A free web based directory that will and has revolutionized the
way business is conducted by independent and unsigned musicians and
- The Musicroom
- Music retail and information - record labels, radio stations, Billboard top
200, eclectic links, industry calendar, chat rooms, demo rooms and search
engines, CDs, videos, tickets, e-zines; more than online store - a
crossroads for all music-related information and an assortment of
- Tina Romanus
- makes CD and DVD replication a walk in the park.
- Traktor 7
- is a very cool and the home of Pino Brothers Ink.
- Virtual Sheet Music
- provides high quality digital classical sheet music and
- Virtual Tunes Music
- Promotional independent artist directory.
- Y2K Music
- Y2K-music is a brand new British Internet Music Company run by
a young dynamic team aimed at promoting exciting new creative talent
around the globe.
- ZeBOX Artists GigList
- is a music site with over 100 city listings worldwide where you
can create your own webpage andupload song demos.
- 101 Music Business Contracts
- offer music contracts to people involved in any form of
music/entertainment, especially those involved in the independent
- is a great starting point for anyone who plays any instrument -
free sheetmusic, music lessons and popular riffs explained.
Music ramblings ||
Ram Samudrala ||